The main objectives of ENTSO-E centre on the integration of renewable energy sources (RES) such as wind and solar power into the power system, and the completion of the internal energy market (IEM), which is central to meeting the European Union’s energy policy objectives of affordability, sustainability and security of supply.
ENTSO-E contributes to the achievement of these objectives mainly through:
- the drafting of network codes
- the development of pan-European network plans (TYNDPs)
- the technical cooperation between TSOs
- the publication of summer and winter outlook reports for electricity generation
- the coordination of R&D plans.
To learn more: https://www.entsoe.eu