Members of the Board of Directors of AUE are as follows:
- Eng. Eisa Ben Hilal Al-Kuwari – President of the General Electricity and Water Corporation (KAHRAMAA) / Qatar – AUE Chairman
- Eng. Ali Fasi Fahri Director General - Office National de l'Electricité et du l’Eau potable- (ONEE)/Morocco-AUE Vice Chairman.
- Eng. Laith Al Bassam - CEO of National Electricity Transmission company – Saudi Arabia .
- Dr. Matar Hamed Al-Neyadi -.Deputy Minister.-Ministry of Energy – UAE
- Shaikh Nawaf ben Ibrahim Al Khalifah- CEO- Electricity and Water Authority – Bahrain
- Eng. Jaber Dasouqi Mostafa -Chairman of Egyptian Electricity holding Company – Egypt
- Eng. Noureddin Bo Tarfah- President of SONELGAZ – Algeria
- Eng. Khaled Rashed Abdel Mawla-General Director - Public Electricity Corporation – YEMEN
- Alaa Eddin Seihoud Shenan- Manging Director of Planning and Studies Dept.-Ministry of Electricity –Iraq
The AUE Secretariat is based in Amman- Jordan hosted by the National Electric Power Company. The Secretary General is Eng. Fawzi Kharbat.
The AUE works through the following committees:
- Committee of Interconnected Arab Networks (CIAN).
- Engineering and Production Committee.
- Human Resources Committee.
- Distribution Committee
- Planning Committee
- Renewable Energy Committee
The Active members have the right to nominate members in these committees through which experiences are exchanged and studies are made.
The AUE issues many publications as follows:
- Dictionary of Electrical Terms of Electricity
- Maps of Electrical Interconnection Networks in the Arab Countries
- Arab Electricity Magazine – will be issued quarterly and published by Al Sharq Newspaper/ Doha
- Annual Statistical Bulletin
- Manual of Arab Experts in Electricity Sector.
- Manual of Power Stations in the Arab Countries.
- Manual of Electricity Manufacturing Companies in the Arab Countries.
In Addition, holding several conferences, seminars, workshops and training courses for its members.